Friday, June 27, 2014

New Blogs, New Builds & Videos

It's been a few months since I've done any guitar builds, or done any posts.  The lack of blog posts has mostly been due to technical issues.  The lack of new builds has been more of a philosophical issue. But, it's time to get cranking once again!

Regarding my blog: I'm working on the best way to use video to document my guitar builds, as video is now the go to medium for most people. I'll save my diatribe on this for another day. (Hey, I can't help it, I'm a former literature & writing teacher!) David Fletcher in Australia is a real inspiration in this regard.  He has a tremendous set of videos on Youtube that clearly detail his building process. Great stuff, check it out here.

While each of my guitars is a unique build, there are some underlying principles and processes that I follow. I believe there's a value in passing on some of my hard-won knowledge about guitars and woodworking to others. It's also fun to see some hunks of wood, wire and metal transformed into a finished guitar!

I've been milling raw lumber into body blanks & necks over the past few weeks, and as I start the individual building of each guitar I'll look for opportunities to add video. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment